During COVID-19, selecting a great school matters more than ever. You have the right to choose from great school options.
- Do your research.
- Look for the best fit for you and your child.
- Make your choice.
- Enroll your child in a great school.
Below are resources to help you find the right school for your child.
Family Educational Bill of Rights
- A clear understanding of what should be learned and mastered to be on track to the next grade level/graduating on-time and ready for college or career.
- Access to curriculum that are high-quality and projects that are engaging and challenging.
- Clear, timely communication.
- Regular updates on how your child is doing (where meeting, exceeding, or falling short of goals).
- Teachers and staff that are available and understanding.
- Tools and support to help students catch up if they are behind.
- Teachers who are trained, coached, and supported to provide high-quality instruction in the format in which they are teaching.
- Programming and support that goes beyond traditional academics (including social-emotional support or extracurricular activities).
- Access to the technology and materials needed to support your child’s education.
- Culturally appropriate practices that meet your child’s unique needs.
COVID-19 Family Checklist to Navigate School Options
As you explore school options that best meet the needs of your child and family, the following checklist highlights a few things to consider in a COVID-19 world.
School Visit Checklist
When families are again about to visit schools, the following checklist highlights questions to ask and what to look for.
Your child deserves a great school. You have the right to choose from great school options.
Public schools (Cincinnati Public Schools and public charter schools) traditionally receive ratings via the Ohio School Report Card.
While there will not be academic report cards for the 2019-20 school year, you may want to start by learning about school performance in the 2018-19 school year.
Click here to find the latest district or school report card.