Selecting a great school matters more than ever.
You have the right to choose from great school options.
- Do your research.
- Look for the best fit for you and your child.
- Make your choice.
- Enroll your child in a great school.
Below are resources to help you find the right school for your child.
Family Educational Bill of Rights
No matter the setting – in school, at-home learning, or a hybrid – all families have the right to the following from a school:
- A clear understanding of what should be learned to prepare students for college or career.
- Access to curriculum that is high-quality, engaging, and challenging.
- Clear, timely communication.
- Regular updates on how your child is doing (meeting, exceeding, or falling short of goals).
- Teachers and staff that are available and understanding.
- Tools and support to help students catch up if they are behind.
- Teachers who are trained and supported to provide high-quality instruction in the format in which they are teaching.
- Programming that goes beyond traditional academics (including social-emotional support or extracurricular activities).
- Access to the technology and materials needed to support your child’s education.
- Culturally appropriate practices that meet your child’s unique needs.
School Visit Checklist
When families are again about to visit schools, the following checklist highlights questions to ask and what to look for.
Download the school visit checklist here.
Para descargar la información en Español de un click aquí.
Your child deserves a great school. You have the right to choose from great school options.
Public schools (Cincinnati Public Schools and public charter schools) traditionally receive ratings via the Ohio School Report Card.
Click here to find the latest district or school report card.