Resources to help through the Coronavirus
Accelerate Great Schools continues to focus on meeting the needs of Cincinnati students and families, and we’re committed to supporting our community as we work through the challenges of COVID-19. This means we’re doing what we can to help children and families gain access to the resources they need now more than ever.
We’d like to give special thanks to the families we’ve heard from and who helped us identify where need is greatest.
Your child’s educational needs at home
With schools closed, we've brought together education resources that families may need at home.
- Cincinnati Public Schools remote learning
- One-stop-shop for at-home resources for families and educators
- Cincinnati Zoo, Museum and other virtual entertainment
- Day to day projects to keep kids reading, learning and growing
- Free books delivered to your home
- Free educational websites for families
- Free math homework help
- Free internet
- Free videos of books being read aloud
- Free virtual tutoring from Cincinnati non-profit
How to protect your health
Maintaining the health of our families and communities is the most important thing right now. Here are reliable sources to help you learn how to stay healthy and safe.
Food, rent, and other basic needs
These are trusted sources you can turn to to make sure your housing is secure and you are able to maintain meals while the stay-at-home order is in place.
Childcare and preschool during the pandemic
Here is what everyone needs to know about childcare right now.
School administrative resources
The following resources are specifically for education professionals.
Coronavirus hotlines & support
Call one of the following numbers if you are feeling sick, have general questions, or need economic assistance.
- Cincinnati, Feeling symptoms of COVID-19: 513-357-7642
- Ohio COVID-19 Hotline: 1-833-427-5634
- United Way COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund: 1-866-211-9966
If your small business is struggling due to COVID-19, you have been recently laid off because of Coronavirus, or need multi-lingual support, please follow one of these links.