1. Get the facts.
- Go to the Ohio Reportcard to look at the school's most recent report card from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Start by looking at achievement. How many students are on grade level?
- Look at the progress measure. Do students gain at least one full year of learning during the school year?
2. See what others are saying about your school.
- Check out GreatSchools.org
- Look at your school's Facebook page.
- What do people say on your school's Twitter feed?
3. Look beyond the numbers.
- Visit your school. Do you feel welcome in the school?
- Ask the principal and teachers what they like best about the school.
- Ask where students go when they leave this school.
- Do you see other parents at the school? What do they think about the school?
- Observe teachers and students in action. Would your child be excited about learning in the school?